Do I Need A QDRO In My Divorce?

A divorce is complicated enough in its own right. When retirement savings, pension plans and other forms of deferred income need to be divided in a divorce things can get complicated. When the parties need to agree on a qualified domestic relations order (QDRO) it adds even more complications to an already complex process. Make sure you work with an attorney who has the experience and knowledge needed to help you protect your interests and help ensure you have a favorable outcome.

Our team at The Grinnell Firm, PSC, provide strong legal representation and counsel in all aspects of property division in divorce, including division of retirement benefits and the establishment of QDROs. Serving clients in Richmond, Lexington and Florence, Kentucky, we understand the challenges you are facing, and we are here to help.

What Is A Qualified Domestic Relations Order?

A qualified domestic relations order (QDRO) is a legal device intended to make sure both parties in a divorce have an equitable share of a retirement plan when dividing assets in a divorce. We can help you craft a QDRO to protect your right to your share of your pension plan, your spouse's pension plan or other form of deferred income. We can also work with military members who are dividing their pension plans.

Efficient Service From An Experienced Lawyer Handling QDROs

While there are many law firms that advertise that they are Richmond, Florence or Lexington QDRO attorneys, most attorneys do not have the experience or knowledge to handle these matters efficiently. Their clients end up paying extra and waiting longer for the same result.

At The Grinnell Firm, PSC, we have worked hard to obtain extensive knowledge and experience handling QDROs. They can be complicated, but our experience allows us to serve our clients efficiently and obtain favorable results in QDROs.

QDRO Assistance For Your Divorce ∙ Call 859-348-6723

Do you have questions about QDROs? Talk with an experienced lawyer to know if establishing a QDRO is right for you. Call us at 859-DIV-ORCE (859-348-6723) or use the online contact form to schedule your initial consultation. We can help clear up the confusing nuances of Kentucky property division.